Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Can I use the same research paper I used last year? Because my experiment this year is very similar to the one I did last year and I already have the research from my old experiment. Would it be considered plagiarizing or is it ok to use it 'cause it'd be hard to find different information on the same thing twice.
Can you use the same research paper you used last year and still do a similar experiment? Because I have a lot of research from last year and it's hard to find information different from what I already have on the independent variables.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th grade
- Project Question: Which toothpaste brand works fastest in cleaning coffee from egg shell?
- Project Due Date: Dec. 14, 2011
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
You can reference the same paper you referenced in a previous project. Scientists often do this when they publish new papers, as they tend to build upon their provious work and still need to explain the background.
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:47 pm
- Occupation: Product Manager - Genomics
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests