Organelles

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Organelles

Postby Toki Mukai » Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 am

What are ribosomes?
Toki Mukai

Project Question: Why different angle of the wind from the pinwheel makes different rotation? In my experiment, 45 degree of the wind from the pinwheel makes it rotate the fastest, and 18o degree of the wind from the pinwheel makes it rotate the slowest.
Project Due Date: March 28, 2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Organelles

Postby heatherL » Sun May 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Toki,

Welcome to Science Buddies! The experts at Ask An Expert are here to help you with your science project, not to answer homework questions. You can easily find out about ribosomes by looking in your Biology textbook or searching for "ribosome" on the internet.

Here is the Wikipedia article about ribosomes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribosome

But don't stop there! There are a great many resources on the internet to help you understand ribosomes.

Best,
Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Organelles

Postby grace7177 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Toki,

As Heather mentioned, the experts are designated to mentor students with science projects.

However, if you are still stuck with the same question, here is a little help:
Ribosome subunits are manufactured in the nucleus and consist of RNA molecules and proteins. They basically hep the assemblage of amino acids into protein molecules.

Hope this answers your question :)

-Grace
grace7177
Expert

Project Question: Biochemistry
Project Due Date: Completed
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences