Paintball ballistics project hypothesis

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Paintball ballistics project hypothesis

Postby XxDerpislandxX » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

i need help finding a hypothesis for the paintball ballistics project. can you help by giving me some i cant think of any.

thanks
XxDerpislandxX

Project Question: im doing the paintball ballisctics project and i cant come up with a hypothesis. Help!
Project Due Date: unknown
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Paintball ballistics project hypothesis

Postby theborg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Hello XxDerpislandxX, thank you for your question and welcome to science buddies. I'm assuming you are doing this project:

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ml#summary

A hypothesis is a statement of what you think is going to be the result of your testing. It is usually based on the questions attempting to be answered. Then through experiment, you prove or disprove that hypothesis. The main question in this project concerns the difference between calculated and actual values of range and velocity of a paintball fired. Do you think the two will match or will there be significant difference. If you think different, do you think predicted (calculated) will be greater or smaller than actual performance?

Think about these and some of the questions in the project and see if you can't come up with a hypothesis. I didn't give you a direct answer because this is a learning environment, post back some hypothesis statements and we can help you refine it. For guidance on writing hypothesis statements, check out the science buddies project guide at:

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml
I hope this helps.

theborg
----------
"As the circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness around it."
~ Albert Einstein
theborg

Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science