HOW TO SHOW SUN'S DEATH EXIPERIMENTALLY? I WANT FAST ANSWER

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

HOW TO SHOW SUN'S DEATH EXIPERIMENTALLY? I WANT FAST ANSWER

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:38 pm

I just want an experimental method to show sun's death immediately because I have to submit my project before december 31st.please......... :cry: :(
munnyastrophia123

Project Question: My project is about:The death Sun and end of the Mercury,The Venus and The Earth.My question is:Is it true?Who had said about this?Is my project correct and necessary?
Project Due Date: November 30
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: HOW TO SHOW SUN'S DEATH EXIPERIMENTALLY? I WANT FAST ANS

Postby kgudger » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what you mean, and I think the other experts haven't answered because of this uncertainty. It sounds impossible, and possibly dangerous, to try an experiment which would simulate the sun's death.

Could you give us some more details of what you're hoping to do? Thanks.

Keith
kgudger

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 am

Thanx
My project is about "The dead sun and end of mercury,venus and Earth" and an online project .Please I want to do this project.Its my ambition.I don't want an answer "its was impossible project"like this.Jhon Dreher asked me "How do you show this project experimentally?".But I thought why cant we show it as artificial sun or example of any other star or its process showing in laboratory.My self confidence,my intention,my curiosity,my interest is saying that this project is possible. :(

ah...But for time to time my confidence is decreasing.By the final answer I will do my project.I had another idea like star's life and so on .If this is not right project I will change my project.
But I had 95% belief that this is right project.Is it right or not?
munnyastrophia123

Project Question: My project is about:The death Sun and end of the Mercury,The Venus and The Earth.My question is:Is it true?Who had said about this?Is my project correct and necessary?

Postby wendellwiggins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 am

Hello munnyastrophia123,

You have received all the discouraging answers because none of us can imagine any sort of lab experiment that is affordable for an individual and that deals with the physical processes going on in the sun. Please read the discussion at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion and explain to us what sort of experiment you think might be possible for you. We all think any such experiment would be impractical. Of course, you might come up with some clever idea for a simple tabletop experiment. If you have any general ideas, tell us and we'll help you flesh out the idea if we can.

Good luck, WW
wendellwiggins
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

Why can't we do that fusion reaction in a laboratory or make an artificial sun or artificial star?
Why can't we show it by example of a star?
I think that making fusion reaction as experiment requires:
A High Particle Density: The density of interacting particles must be great enough to ensure that the collision rate is high enough.
A High Plasma Temperature: The plasma must be hot. Otherwise the colliding particles will not be energetic enough to penetrate the electrical barrier that tends to keep them apart.
A Long Confinement Time: A major problem is containing the hot plasma long enough to ensure that its density and temperature remain sufficiently high for enough of the fuel to be fused. It is clear that no solid container can withstand the high temperatures that are necessary, so clever confining techniques are called for.
So,it would be impossible.
Why cant we show by a example or chandhrasekhar's limit? or doing the above experiment? would be correct or wrong?
munnyastrophia123

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Please......I want a help.Time is running out.I want a fast answer :cry: :(
munnyastrophia123

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science