Help me to do this project! I had only 7 days!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Help me to do this project! I had only 7 days!!!

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 am

I had changed my project.My project is Global warming on Venus and mars.I had saw that project in this website:http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~west/ast480/approjects.html.Now i didnt had much time to think of this and search.So please explain this project to me and Say how to do this project.please..............I didnt had much time.. :cry: :? :(
munnyastrophia123

Project Question: My project is about:The death Sun and end of the Mercury,The Venus and The Earth.My question is:Is it true?Who had said about this?Is my project correct and necessary?
Project Due Date: November 30
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Help me to do this project! I had only 7 days!!!

Postby vysarge » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 am

Hello Munnyastrophia!

This does seem to be a rather confusing and advanced project- did your teacher recommend this site to your class for finding projects? If not, I might recommend that you try to find a similar project that is more tailored to your grade level, especially given the short amount of time that you have. You could try looking through the [[ Science Fair Project Ideas ]].

If you do want to do a project involving global warming, I'd recommend finding a simple model for climate change. You might look up some resources online by Google searching 'climate change model' or similar keywords.

I'm a little rushed, and may come back to edit this post later- hope this still helped, though, and good luck!
-Vysarge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
-Richard Feynman
vysarge
Expert

Project Question: Student volunteer.
Project Due Date: N/a: see above.
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby munnyastrophia123 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 am

But my project is an online project.I am doing it individually.I just wanna do this project"global warming on venus and earth" or I had an other optional project that is "The death of Sun and End of Mercury,Venus and Earth".But experts and moderators had advised me that the second project has no experimental conclusion and its impossible and dangerous.So I just had another project idea of "global warming on venus or mars".If I starts any other project it takes so much time..

So,anyone please explain this project:global warming on venus and mars and also explain me how to do this...please..fast...... :!: :) :cry:
munnyastrophia123

Project Question: My project is about:The death Sun and end of the Mercury,The Venus and The Earth.My question is:Is it true?Who had said about this?Is my project correct and necessary?
Project Due Date: November 30
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Postby John Dreher » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm not sure, but it appears that the following,

7, 8 and 9. Global Warming. The projects include
7. Global warming on the Earth
8. Global warming on Venus
9. Surface temperatures of exoplanets (Choose representative examples of the hundreds now known.)
Calculate the Planck Blackbody curve for various appropriate surface temperatures.
Look up the infrared absorption curves for water vapor, carbon dioxide, and methane.
Figure out how the greenhouse effect changes as the planet heats up. When does the runaway greenhouse happen?

is all the instruction given.

There are two VERY significant problems here. First, this is not a project in the science fair sense. It is more like a long, challenging homework problem. Second, this problem is suitable for an upper division astrophysics course at a university, NOT grade 6-8 general science. Unless you are a prodigy it is simply impossible for you to master the requisite astrophysics in 7 cays, or even 7 weeks. In the extraordinary case that you are a prodigy, you would not be asking us simple questions about this project. Attempting to do things like this is pure hubris. I, for one, do not plan to spend more time on your delusions of intellectual grandeur.

Have fun calculating radiative transfer of the Venusian atmosphere!
John Dreher
Expert

Occupation: Astronomer, Professor of Physics, SETI Researcher (retired)
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby dcnick96 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:13 pm

I agree with the other moderators. 7 days is not a long time to do any science project, let alone a very complicated one. Go to the link vysarge recommended. It will show you projects based on your interests, grade level, and length of time to conduct the experiment.

Good luck!
Deana
dcnick96

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science