Help on Yeast Busters: Stopping Fungus in its Tracks with An

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Help on Yeast Busters: Stopping Fungus in its Tracks with An

Postby scifiboi65 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am

Hi, I keep getting random results when I'm testing the different antifungals. I'm keeping my constants the same (water bottle, graduated cylinder, bucket, etc.), but sometimes the results are just all over the place. My control worked out fine. I left it out for 45 minutes, and about 150-157 mL of CO2 was collected. But when I put in one of the antifungals, even more CO2 got collected. I don't know if it's because the antifungal doesn't really work or if I'm doing anything wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
scifiboi65

Project Question: Testing natural and over the counter antifungals through collecting amounts of carbon dioxide from yeast by water displacement.
Project Due Date: 1/14/13
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: Help on Yeast Busters: Stopping Fungus in its Tracks wit

Postby scifiboi65 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Please help! My project deadline is coming up soon, and I'm still getting unwanted results. The antifungals that I am using are increasing the growth rate of yeast instead of decreasing it. I do not know what I am doing wrong.
scifiboi65

Project Question: Testing natural and over the counter antifungals through collecting amounts of carbon dioxide from yeast by water displacement.
Project Due Date: 1/14/13
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science