Supercooling and Snapfreezing THERMOMETER

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Supercooling and Snapfreezing THERMOMETER

Postby purpleangelpt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 pm

We need a thermometer for the supercooling and snapfreezing that ranges -10* c to 110* c. Is this a certain type of thermometer? If so, what name/type of thermometer supports these temperatures? Also, we need to purchase it locally (rather than ordering on line), what types of stores could we get it from?
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm
Occupation: Student (7th gr)
Project Question: supercooling and snap freezing thermometer question
Project Due Date: Jan 11, 2013
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: Supercooling and Snapfreezing THERMOMETER

Postby kgudger » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In checking on the internet, I see that the best ones for your purpose are available through scientific supply stores. If you don't have one near you, online is the best option.

However, I did find some acceptable thermometers at Target, Walmart and CVS:

You might also try a hardware store. These thermometers seem to only measure degrees Fahrenheit, but you can convert it.

Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:20 pm
Occupation: electronic engineer
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests