alum vs borax crystals

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

alum vs borax crystals

Postby zanderjd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Which crystal grow the fastest and the biggest crystals ?
zanderjd

Project Question: borax and alum crystals
Project Due Date: February 5,2013
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: alum vs borax crystals

Postby theborg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

zanderjd,

Welcome to Science Buddies. Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information for us to effectively help you. This type of question is the point behind performing a science experiment/project. If you are looking for how to put a project together that answers your question, take a look at this one on the Science Buddies Project Idea list, located here:

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p082.shtml

you could modify it to include the other material other than just Borax and compare crystal growth between the two under the same conditions.

Please post back if you have questions on how to put a project together or if you need advice on executing the experiment or interpreting the results and other such questions like that.
I hope this helps.

theborg
----------
"As the circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness around it."
~ Albert Einstein
theborg

Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science