What to graph

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

What to graph

Postby madeline_noelle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

My school requires that you include a graph of some sort in your project, no matter what your topic is. This year, my project is such that it has no data to be graphed. I don't know what to do.
For my experiment, I was testing to see what a batch of cookies would turn out with different ingredients missing from the recipe.
madeline_noelle

Project Question: What role do certain baking ingredients play in a batch of cookies?
Project Due Date: February 4
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: What to graph

Postby rmarz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm

madeline_noelle - When you did your experiment you must have had one or more criteria that you evaluated your cookies against. Was it overall taste (subjective) did it rise, was it firm or runny, soft, hard? There could be many criteria. When you removed an ingredient (sugar, flour, baking soda or whatever other ingredients are involved) how did each batch measure up to the criteria you established. You could graph batch A, B, C etc. against how it met each criteria, and have an individual graph for each criteria. So you do have some data whether you realize it or not. The scales may be arbitrary, and your assessment subjective, but you can visually represent your result.

Rick Marz
rmarz
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science