Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Purchased a CellSensor cellular phone / EMF detection meter to measure radiation EMF on various types of cell phones for a science fair project. The readings from this device are all over the place. We have tried a variety of things to get the meter to work accurately and consistently but it still isnt working. Has anyone tried to read EMF's with a similar device? Which device worked best? Where did you purchase it?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:27 pm
- Occupation: Student / Parent
- Project Question: EMF meter CellSensor not working to give accurate recordable readings on cell phones. Has anyone done readings to get EMFs on cell phones which meter did you use?
- Project Due Date: March 18, 2013
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
I don't have any personal experience with this project, but was able to pull up a similar thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11232
. Apparently, a similar device from Home Depot was not sensitive enough to pick up signals from cell phones. Other possible vendors you could try are listed on pages 9 and 10 of this PDF: http://www.eiwellspring.org/HowToMeasureEMF.pdf
. You might have some luck with them, but be sure to read reviews for each company's product first!
Need an idea or some inspiration?
Want to read up on awesome projects and science/math-related news?
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:14 am
- Occupation: Student: 12th grade
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests