Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I am doing a science fair project about fruit batteries and i need information on how the batteries work in a fruit.
i also need to know why the battery works in a citrus fruit and how it works? plz
i need a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot information thx!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 pm
- Occupation: student
- Project Question: why do citrus fruit make batteries? whats in the citrus fruit that makes batteries and how? bassicaly how battery works and why acid makes batteries work?
- Project Due Date: january 13th
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
Hi hilopillow -
There is a project on the Science Buddies site that you might be interested in looking at. It is:
Veggie Power! Making Batteries from Fruits and Vegetableshttp://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentoring ... p029.shtml
- Site Admin
- Posts: 904
- Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm
- Occupation: Science Buddies
- Project Question: N/A
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
I am doing the same project as you are.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 pm
- Occupation: Student
- Project Question: How much voltage can be generated using one, two, or three zinc-copper potato cells hooked up in series?
Can this be used to power up a watch?
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests