Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
what is the index of refraction for plain (Knox) gelatin using 60ml of distiled water, 7g gelatin powder?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm
- Occupation: student: 8th grade
- Project Question: What is the index of refraction for plain (Knox) gelatin using 60ml of distiled water, 7g gelatin powder?
- Project Due Date: It would be really great to have the answer by Wednesday, November 30th.
- Project Status: I am conducting my experiment
NatalieSierra - Sounds like the answer you are looking for is really part of the experiment. The proportions of water and gelatin powder will likely give different indexes of refraction. A little Googling will give you some approximation of the refractive numbers for gelatin, but suggest that you determine this measurement by actual experimentation. Here is a link that discusses part of the issue. Good luck.http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=470718
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:26 pm
- Occupation: Technology Consultant
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests