Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
My science fair topic is mathematical sequences found in music. I used a frequency chart from the website www.techlib.com
and wrote down the frequencies for the notes in the first eight measures of three different selections of music (one classical, one rock, and one Irish). I tried to analyze the data I collected and couldn't find any mathematical sequences whatsoever. But, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be mathematical sequences and I think I'm just analyzing the data wrong. Is there an easier form of measurement to figure out mathematical sequences found in music?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 4:18 pm
- Occupation: student, 8th grade
- Project Question: My topic is mathematical sequences found in music. I measured the frequencies of notes using the website www.techlib.com and I didn't found any patterns. Am I analyzing my data wrong?
- Project Due Date: May 9th, 2011
- Project Status: I am conducting my experiment
Return to Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests