hair

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

hair

Postby tianagomes » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:52 pm

how does your ethniciy effect the strenghth of the hair.
how should i test for the strenghth of hair
tianagomes

Project Question: how your ethnicity affects the strenghth of your hair
Project Due Date: january 30
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: hair

Postby donnahardy2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Tiana,

Welcome to Science Buddies! This is a really great idea for a science project.

Here is a related project idea on the Science Buddies website that you might be able to adapt to investigate your project question. The hygrometers described would be a good way to test hair strength.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... #procedure

You can also do a Google search on "how to test hair strength science project." to find more ideas.

You are on the right track for a science project; you need a method to measure results quantitatively.

Be sure to check out the step-by-step guide for doing a science project on this site:

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml

Please post again in this thread if you have any questions.

Donna Hardy
donnahardy2
Expert

Postby dcnick96 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Hello! A very interesting project, indeed.

Donna gave some excellent suggestions. With a quick Google search as Donna suggested, I found several different websites offering ways to test hair strength with household products. Wrapping the hair around a pencil and adding pennies or water in a plastic bag, for example. I'm sure, with a little investigation, you will find a method that suits you.

Good luck!
Deana
dcnick96

Postby MargorieLonn » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:28 am

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a mens long hair wigs and it is perfect.
MargorieLonn

Project Question: ddfg
Project Due Date: 1998/10/17
Project Status: I am just starting

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences