How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?

Postby Disneylover101 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi, I was just not quite sure how you are suposed to write a "Purpose" for a science project. Please let me know ASAP, the project is due soon!!
Disneylover101

Project Question: How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?
Project Due Date: 13-Nov-2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?

Postby FALIYHAN » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm

AH HI I JOINED A WEEK AGO AND WE CAN BE FRIENDS IF YOU WANT. ANY WAY IF U WANT TO WRITE A PURPOSE HERES ONE THAT HELPED TO GIVE ME AN A LAST YEAR.
THE PURPOSE FOR CONDUCTING THIS RESEARCH AND DOING THIS EXPERIMENT IT TO DETERMINE(STAE YOUR TOPIC).I BECAME INTERESTED(STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THAT PROJECT)THIS INFO WILL HELP OTHERS BY THEM(WHAT THE PROJECT PROVES OR WHAT WILL HELP PEOPLE DECIDE)
THERE U GO I HOPE IT HELPS AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT!!!! :P
FALIYHAN

Project Question: WHICH STAIN REMOVER WORKS THE BEST ON STAINS
Project Due Date: NOVEMBER 15,2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Postby c14er » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Disneylover101,
The purpose of the experiment should be your answer to the question: what am I trying to find out by doing this activity?
You don't have to go crazy, often just a sentence or two will be sufficient. Since you are doing the ScienceBuddies experiment on potato chips, I would go back and look over the summary. One sentence that should give you a clue is, "you will investigate how much fat is in some typical potato chips and potato crisps products." This should give you a good start. If you have any other questions feel free to post again in this thread.
Good Luck!
Emma
c14er

Project Question: expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby grace7177 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Welcome to Science Buddies, Disneylover101!

LiKe c14er had recommended above, I suggest that you review an overview of the project provided by the link: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... background

Your purpose should explain what you are trying to prove in a written statement. Try to make it original and creative!
Specifically, the purpose statement should include the problem you are trying to solve with experimentation, why you want to do the experiment, and your thoughts on the impact your project might have on society.

In your project, the problem you will probably be investigating will be to compare the greasiness of different types of potato chips/crisps.
Then, think about why you became interested in the project. Did you become concerned about excessive fats from potato chips that may be harmful to the body?
Also, you should come up with a few impacts your project might have such as promoting reduced fat potato chips in the market.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions!

-Grace
grace7177
Expert

Project Question: Biochemistry
Project Due Date: Completed
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences