salt content's effect on marine life

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

salt content's effect on marine life

Postby danhenry97 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm

This is my first science project. If you can help me thank you in advance. I have chosen to do a science experiment on salt content's effect on marine life (using brine shrimp). I have searched and searched for information on how I might do this experiment and cannot find anything. My mom called pet stores to see if they sold brine shrimp. all the pet stores in my area sell frozen or freeze dried brine shrimp so that will not help. does anyone know a website that can help me do this experiment?
danhenry97

Project Question: salt content's effect on marine life (using brine shrimp)
Project Due Date: experiment has to be set up before december 7
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: salt content's effect on marine life

Postby heatherL » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am

Hi danhenry97,

What an interesting project idea!

A quick search for "brine shrimp" led me to a site that sells brine shrimp eggs very reasonably: http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Carnivore ... ign=nextag

You can grow the eggs into live brine shrimp that you can use for your experiment. Since they are inexpensive, I recommend purchasing more than one batch in case you have trouble at first.

Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions!

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences