biology

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

biology

Postby OneTwo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:06 pm

hello i can't figure out a good hypothesis for my question how does acidic rain affect ecosystems
OneTwo

Project Question: Science Fair experiment : How long does it take for the whole ozone to be vanished.
Project Due Date: in 2 weeks
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: biology

Postby heatherL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 am

Hi OneTwo,

I just posted a response in one of your other posts. It helps the Experts on the forum if you can keep all related posts in the same thread.

That said, take a look at the background information for this project on acid rain: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... background

We cannot write your hypothesis for you, but you can formulate predictions based on your background research. Once you have an idea of what acid rain does, you can try to make some predictions about what it will do to the organisms (aquatic plants?) in your experiment.

Here is the Science Buddies information about writing a hypothesis: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... esis.shtml Be sure to click the tabs at the top to view more information and see some examples!

Once you have formed a hypothesis, feel free to post again (in this same thread) with your hypothesis, and we can give you feedback on it.

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences