Diabetes

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Diabetes

Postby herishiax » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 am

How does diabetes cause people to lose their foot? What is the relationship between a person having diabetes and the problems I see them having with their feet? My neighbor is constantly in the hospital for her foot because of her diabetes, why?
Last edited by herishiax on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
herishiax

Project Question: NA
Project Due Date: NA
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: Diabetes

Postby heatherL » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello,

Welcome to Science Buddies! Our Ask an Expert forums are designed to answer questions to help students doing science fair projects. Were you interested in doing a project related to diabetes?

It is good that you would like to understand the science behind your neighbor's problems with her feet. A quick internet search for "diabetes and foot problems" will help you find more information. Here is a link to the American Diabetes Association website to help you get started: http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-dia ... lications/

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences