Effect of Tripe Super Phosphate fertilizer on pinto beans

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Effect of Tripe Super Phosphate fertilizer on pinto beans

Postby Pooba » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I choose the pinto bean to conduct my experiment due to it being easy to grow indoors. I researched phosphorus fertilizers and found the Triple Super Phosphate, but nothing specifically said that it would have an effect on pinto beans. It mostly said an effect would occur on soybeans, but that would require me to start growing after the week of the last frost.
Pooba

Project Question: Will "Triple Super Phosphate" fertilizer have a huge effect on pinto beans? I choose the pinto bean to conduct my experiment due to it being easy to grow indoors. I researched phosphorus fertilizers and found the Triple Super Phosphate, but nothing specifically said that it would have an effect on pinto beans. It mostly said an effect would occur on soybeans, but that would require me to start growing after the week of the last frost.
Project Due Date: Feb. 22
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: Effect of Tripe Super Phosphate fertilizer on pinto bean

Postby heatherL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 am

Hi Pooba,

You have an interesting experiment! Here are some interesting things to think about as you design and conduct your experiment.

1) What will be your variables? What is your independent variable (the thing you change)? What variables will you try to control? Most importantly, what are your dependent variables (the things you will measure)? In other words, what effects do you expect to see?

Here are some tips for measuring plant growth: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... owth.shtml

2) Have you found any information on the effect of fertilizers on the growth of pinto beans (for your background)?

3) Have you looked at the relationship between pinto beans and soybeans? What kind of plants are they? What are the similarities and differences in the nutrients that these plants need to grow?

I hope this helps. Please post again (in this same thread) if you have questions.

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences