Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
any method to decompose water with sunlight
[Moderator note: incomplete url removed.]
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 am
- Occupation: student:12th grade
- Project Question: hydrogen fuel
- Project Due Date: 15th march
- Project Status: I am just starting
Welcome to Science Buddies!
I am not clear about your question. Are you doing a project that involves using sunlight to decompose water into hydrogen and oxygen gas? If so, are you looking for background information or help with your procedure? Please post back with a specific question and we'll do our best to help!
- Posts: 844
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:59 pm
- Occupation: Professor
- Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Like Heather mentioned, it would be great if you could be more specific with your question, such as in what context or project you will be doing hydrolysis.
If you are talking about hydrolysis alone, I recommend you to check out this link: http://students.chem.tue.nl/ifp20/pages ... 1par3.html
(it gives you an outline of water splitting routes using solar energy split into electrochemical, thermochemical, biological, and thermochemical methods).
Also, check out this interesting article on a power plant that makes hydrogen by splitting water with concentrated sunlight! http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/ ... 030801.asp
Hope this helps & if you have any other questions, please ask!
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 am
- Occupation: Student
- Project Question: Biochemistry
- Project Due Date: Completed
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests