Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I have made a model on an induction furnace. It has a drawback. Can anyone please help me out?
Why does a plate kept on the coil of an induction furnace bounce when current is passed through the primary coil?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm
- Occupation: Student
- Project Question: Induction furnace and applications of electromagnetic induction&eddy currents in daily life
- Project Due Date: November
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
The induction coil produces a magnetic field and that may explain the bounce when the power is applied.
Science Buddies "Ask an Expert" Volunteer
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 pm
- Occupation: Retired Electronics Engineer from Motorola Solutions
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest