Hydrogen Generator

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Hydrogen Generator

Postby cfa13 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am

I want to make a basic hydrogen generator that produces hydrogen fuel. I have looked at many websites, but can not find a clear way to do this. What is a inexpensive way to make a hydrogen generator (fuel cell)?
cfa13

Project Question: Producing Hydrgen fuel through a hydrogen generator
Project Due Date: September 1st
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Hydrogen Generator

Postby theborg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:55 pm

cf a 13,

Thank you for your question. It depends on how much you want to spend. I suggest you start with a bit of research to lean about the construction and operation of a fuel cell, and then decide how you want to proceed. To get you started, the science buddies forum has a hydrogen fuel cell project with lots of good info about fuel cells and how to get appropriate materials. You can find the project at:

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ml#summary

Check it out and post back with any further questions.
I hope this helps.

theborg
----------
"As the circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness around it."
~ Albert Einstein
theborg

Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science