Rolling Skateboard wheels

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Rolling Skateboard wheels

Postby Saprk39X » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

So i have a review of literature paper due wednesday and i have to interview some scientists at like colleges and get info about them, where and who would i talk to? (i live in minnesota) my question is "how does the hardness of a skateboard whell effect how fast it rolls?" is that a good question?
Saprk39X

Project Question: Does the hardness of a skateboard wheel affect how fast it rolls?
Project Due Date: 10-24-12
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Rolling Skateboard wheels

Postby Goldenzenith » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello, Saprk39X,

Firstly, if you haven't familiarized yourself with the Rules for Interview Questions (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8948), please do so! I cannot stress the importance of that sticky enough!

Also, the "scientists at colleges" you're trying to reach could actually be some Experts here on the forums. It's good that you posted your question with a few days before your deadline; you're giving potential interviewees time to respond. I just wanted to clarify, though, something about your questions. You wanted to get "info about them" - you mean the scientists and their careers? Or are you specifically looking for just your skateboard question to be answered?
Need an idea or some inspiration?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas.shtml

Want to read up on awesome projects and science/math-related news?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/blog/index.php

Enjoy! :D
-RM, Expert
Goldenzenith
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Rolling Skateboard wheels

Postby Jacobie09 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Tell me more about this project. 'The hardness of a skateboard" Wow. I didnt know that it affected this. Neat project!

Jacobie
The subject I hate is the subject I love: Math
Jacobie09

Project Question: Not applicable: I do random projects all the time just for fun (although I turn in all my results)
Project Due Date: Not applicable
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science