Alternative / Renewable Energy Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Alternative / Renewable Energy Project

Postby hawaiianbornjtd808 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:53 am

Hi everyone

I live on an island where water and wind is abundant.

I wanted to do a science fair project on alternative renewable energy because I know it is an issue that whole nations are facing at the moment.

I was thinking of doing a project on hydro-power in the kinetic form.

However I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking I could perhaps design a new way to generate hydro power energy in the form of like a new dam design or something like that but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me please?
hawaiianbornjtd808

Project Question: I was wondering if I could speak with an expert about possible ways to create a science fair project involving alternative energy. I have a few ideas regarding water and hydro power considering i live in Hawaii on an island. However I'm not sure how i would test this kind of experiment.
Project Due Date: 12-1-12
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Alternative / Renewable Energy Project

Postby wendellwiggins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 am

Hello hawaiianbornjtd808,

Alternative energy is a rich field for science/technology projects. Search here for terms like "alternative energy" for ideas.

Hawaii already has wind, solar, biomass, and geothermal energy sources, and the energy potential has barely been tapped. Maybe you can pursue this career and be the person who makes Hawaii "energy independent!" And BTW, Hawaii has wave energy as well.

Good luck, WW
wendellwiggins
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science