Building a kicking machine for my project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Building a kicking machine for my project

Postby Jacobie09 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 am

Me ans dome others need a kicking machine. We are thinking about making a wooden box with a lever inside it. On one side of the lever is a flat paddle and the other side would have a heavy weight. Will that work? Any suggestions of improvements or BETTER machines? If you have a better machine. Make it using notebook or draw it. Take a picture and then post it in a reply. Thanks!
The subject I hate is the subject I love: Math
Jacobie09

Project Question: Not applicable: I do random projects all the time just for fun (although I turn in all my results)
Project Due Date: Not applicable
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Building a kicking machine for my project

Postby wendellwiggins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello Jacobie09,

Your request sort of reverses the roles of experimenter and expert. The idea is that you design the machine, and if it isn't satisfactory, you post a drawing and perhaps a picture of it and we can critique it.
You basic idea sounds like it should work. The key to working well is in the details.
If you have a specific design and provide the details in text and figures, and you describe its successes and shortfalls, I'll be happy to comment on it and see if I can suggest improvements.

Good luck, WW
wendellwiggins
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science