Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I need help finding my constants and variables because im confused.
Another question is this a good hypothesis: If I put a potatoe in salted water, then it will dehydrate
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 am
- Occupation: Student: 10th Grade
- Project Question: My project is on the dehydrated potatoe and I need help coming up with research and a hypothesis. Can you help ?
- Project Due Date: December 6, 2012
- Project Status: I am just starting
Think about what stays, well, constant for the duration of the experiment. For both saltwater and plain water, do you keep the volume and temperature the same? Is each piece of potato going into each cup of water the same in size and shape? Are you sure the water content of the pieces are completely uniform before you put them in the cups? Ask yourself what has to stay the same. Then ask yourself what varies; then you'll have your independent and dependent variables. It's simpler than you think!
As for your hypothesis, you'll have to explain why you think the saltwater will cause the potato to dehydrate, unlike the plain water. This is where your research comes in. If you have any questions, post them and I'll be happy to work with you further!
Need an idea or some inspiration?
Want to read up on awesome projects and science/math-related news?
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:14 am
- Occupation: Student: 12th grade
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest