Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Brief question. My project involves engineering a system. I have a table of the elements of the system and the cost for each element. Would this go under Materials and Methods (where the design is described) or results? At the moment I have it under materials and methods.
To add to that, if you have data from a experiment, does the data go under materials and methods or results? In lab reports in school, we would put data under the experiment section, and the calculated results under results, however I believe it might be both groups of tables under results for a fair.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 pm
- Occupation: Student: 9th Grade
- Project Question: Could low cost autonomous Unmanned Aerial Systems be developed to meet the requirements of civilian applications?
- Project Due Date: March 30, 2012
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
Have you had a look at these documents?: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml
The parts and materials definitely go in Materials and Methods
. Your data can go in Results
, and you may wish to have subsections like Raw Data
and Analysis and Conclusions
to distinguish between them. Don't get too caught up in this, though. Your actual work is most important.
Let us know if you still have doubts.
Science Buddies Expert Forum
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:16 pm
Return to Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests