Test tube size

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Test tube size

Postby Ceadams625 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 am

Please if anybody can help,I would sure appreciate it.My son is doing an experiment to find out if acids affect the rate of corrosion and a test tube is required.The directions give a certain size of tube but I cant find it anywhere except for online and it has to be turned in on Monday and we dont have enough time to order it.I have found a couple of stores that carry a size 15mmX100mm.The size in the directions state 25mmX150mm.Does it make that big of difference in the sizes? Thanks.
Ceadams625

Project Question: needing to know if a certain size of test tube is required for a project
Project Due Date: 11/26/2012
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Re: Test tube size

Postby jmehta14 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi,
The size of the testtube should not be a problem, as long as the rubber stopper fits the testtube snugly along with the thermometer. I hope this helps.
Good luck
Jay
jmehta14
Expert

Project Question: Do probiotics with antibiotics have a greater affect on different types of bacteria?
Project Due Date: March 1st
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Test tube size

Postby Ceadams625 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Ok thank you so much! Hopefully,it wont have to be redone before the finalized project due date Dec 8th.
Ceadams625

Project Question: needing to know if a certain size of test tube is required for a project
Project Due Date: 11/26/2012
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Return to Grades K-5: Physical Science