Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent
I am trying to choose a basic science fair topic for my 3rd grader who recently saw a PBS special on fractals. Any ideas for a fractal project using the scientific method?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:31 pm
- Occupation: Parent
- Project Question: My 3rd grader is interested in fractals - we recently saw a program on PBS - and I am trying to come up with a question that could be studied using the scientific method for his project for the science fair. Any ideas? Jessica
- Project Due Date: mid February.
- Project Status: I am just starting
Projects on Fractal can be very interesting and complex projects. I am not sure if a 3rd grader will be able to comprehend it all as it does involve understanding of high level mathematics. You can get some help by visiting this science buddy sitehttp://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p031.shtml
Please also check http://www.helium.com/items/1243614-mat ... -mathemati
This site has reference to some elementary school projects.
- Former Expert
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 am
- Occupation: "Student: 12th grade"
- Project Question: An Investigative Study of the Aging and Reactivity of Fulllerene-based Nanoparticles in various aqueous environments.
- Project Due Date: January 2010
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
Return to Grades K-5: Math and Computer Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest