AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Before you begin Internet research, review the Science Buddies Internet Safety Guide
with your parents. This guide, sponsored by a generous grant from Symantec Corporation, offers many important tips to help you stay safe online, such as:
- Email addresses, user account names, and screen names should never include your name, birthday, name of your school, or any combination of personally identifiable information.
- Don't assume blogging is private. It's possible for search engines to pick up the information you post. If you publish photos or links to private websites on your blog, you also reduce your level of protection. Check out your blog host's setting options to find out if you can turn off some of these features, and be cautious of what you post on your blog.
- Never allow a stranger to join a buddy list, a chat, or an IM conversation.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 904
- Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm
- Occupation: Science Buddies
- Project Question: N/A
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades K-5: Getting Ready for the Science Fair
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests