AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
In my science fair report, it says I have to include background information. What does that mean?
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th grade
- Project Question: Caffeine's effect on onions.
- Project Due Date: February 20
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
That is the underlying science that you are basing your science experiment on and a summary of practical steps you took to set-up and carry out your experiment.
For example, I did a science project on springs in grade school and would write for the background section, a simple review of Newton's laws and the practical steps required to step my experiment.
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 pm
- Occupation: Computer Engineer
- Project Question: NA
- Project Due Date: NA
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests