AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
i am doing a project called is the color black really black?
and i dont know how to incorperate numbers into it for the graph part of it.
please help!!!!! all of your comments will help:)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:39 pm
- Occupation: student. grade 8
- Project Question: that below this note is the link to my project. i have a question on it. is this just to figure out if black is just black? and if so why do i need three different kinds of black writing utencils. and do i have to use the rubbing alcohol? if so is there a substitute? or can i just use warm water?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... #procedure
- Project Due Date: about 1 and a half weeks
- Project Status: I am just starting
This project asks you to measure (1) the distance each dye component traveled up the chromatography paper and (2) the distance the solvent traveled. Did you make these measurements? These measurements have numbers associated with them (e.g., 5 centimeters). So, the measurements you made incorporate numbers into the project. Calculating Rf also uses numbers. As far as making a graph goes, one option would be to make a bar graph that shows the Rf value for each of the dye components.
All the best,
- Posts: 1011
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:27 pm
- Occupation: Planetary Scientist
- Project Question: N/A
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests