Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
In one of projects of my students the main goal is to make threads (biopolymer) from an extraction of orange peels (she extract liquid from peels by simply squeezing them). I want to know about nature of fibers, possible usages of them and other conditions that affect reactions in liquids. Please help me to find some sources about this topic.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:14 pm
- Occupation: teacher
- Project Question: how to make a biopolymer from juice extracted from orange peeles?
- Project Due Date: 1 month
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
I don't know much about making biopolymers, but I think it may be worth it to post this question in the physical sciences forum also, where there may be physicists and chemists who may know a bit more about this subject.
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm
- Occupation: Graduate Student
- Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
- Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests