A forum for educators who are organizing and/or running a school or local science fair, working with in-class science projects or assignments, and other STEM issues.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger
i'm doing a science fair project on the science of crispy potatoes and i don't know what is the independent variable or the dependent. Please help.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th Grade
- Project Question: Ok, so I am doing a project on the crispness of a potato and i have to get some facts about it. My question for this project is that: What effect does water temp have on the crispness of an ovenfried potato? what can i research on for this kind of question?
- Project Due Date: February 1, 2013
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
Welcome to Science Buddies and thanks for the question. Your variables will be determined on what it is you are trying to test. Without understanding in more detail what your project entails, it is difficult to provide advice. If you could give some detail to your project question, hypothisis, etc... someone should be able to help with your question. In the mean-time, this site has a really good project guide, located here:http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml
It includes a couple of sections on variables and how to determine what they are.
I hope this helps.
"As the circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness around it."
~ Albert Einstein
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 pm
- Occupation: US Air Force Space & Missile Operations
- Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Science Teachers: Fairs, Projects, and General Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests