Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Before you begin Internet research, review the Science Buddies Internet Safety Guide
with your parents. This guide, sponsored by a generous grant from Symantec Corporation, offers many important tips to help you stay safe online, such as:
- Email addresses, user account names, and screen names should never include your name, birthday, name of your school, or any combination of personally identifiable information.
- Don't assume blogging is private. It's possible for search engines to pick up the information you post. If you publish photos or links to private websites on your blog, you also reduce your level of protection. Check out your blog host's setting options to find out if you can turn off some of these features, and be cautious of what you post on your blog.
- Never allow a stranger to join a buddy list, a chat, or an IM conversation.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 904
- Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm
- Occupation: Science Buddies
- Project Question: N/A
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Careers in Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest