Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Hi,there are many theories as to how our brain works to find the target with the distractors. I searched for the theories online, but the websites i went to are too hard for me to understand. so can you explain the theories to me in simpler terms? thank you!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th grade
- Project Question: The topic i'm doing is will changing the amount of distractors affect someone from finding the target during a visual search? I downloaded the software that can help me run the tests and i have the results of all the tests.
- Project Due Date: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
This sounds like a great idea for a science project, however, I am not certain which project you are doing. Here are 3 projects from the Science Buddies website that involve visual experiments and each one includes helpful references and background information that explain the topic. Look at the "background" tab for each project for a very basic explanation. http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p022.shtmlhttp://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p050.shtmlhttp://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... &d=all&p=5
Please look at the information for these project and let me know what you are doing, or post one or two of the websites that you found that you don't understand. And please try to ask questions about the references so I will understand your question and post them in this topic.
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:45 pm
Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests