Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I have been narrowing down my search for a mentor and starting to read some of the research papers written by potential mentors. The problem is that I can't find access to the full text--only the abstract. To access the full text, you have to be a member of a research institution/university or pay $40. Since I would rather not pay $40 to read a single research paper, do you have any suggestions?
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm
- Occupation: Student: 10th grade
- Project Question: Crossbreeding food plants to produce a more durable plant
- Project Due Date: November 2015
- Project Status: I am just starting
Hello. Have you asked your school librarian? Perhaps the library at your local university? Sometimes, schools will pay for subscriptions in order for you to access academic articles for free. If your school library doesn't have access and you go to a university (perhaps give them a call and ask before you spend your time going), tell them you are doing research for a science fair...they may be able to give you special access.
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 pm
I definitely second the advice of asking a librarian from your school or going to a university library. You might also see if some of the teachers at your school are currently taking graduate classes. They might have access to journals through their university and be able to help you get an article or two. Otherwise, I have sometimes had luck directly asking the author of the article for a copy if I am really having trouble finding it.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:08 pm
- Occupation: Student: 9th grade
- Project Question: Does sensory stimulation have an immediate effect in sensory skills in those with an ASD.
- Project Due Date: Early April
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests