Summer Science Camp and Program Directories
Other parents can be a great resource when it comes to selecting a summer camp, but to find the perfect program for your student, you'll want to spend time researching summer science camps yourself, too. The following online resources can help!
Project Exploration's Discover Your Summer guide to summer science opportunities lists summer science enrichment programs for middle- and high-school students, especially in the Chicago area.
- Cogito's directory of summer programs lists summer programs from top universities and organizations.
The Coalition for Science National After School Science Directory contains thousands of national STEM opportunities, submitted by science centers, museums, schools and other youth-serving organizations.
Summer Science Camps and Programs to Explore
There are many, many summer science camps and programs. We encourage you to research the camps in your area (and use the search tools and directories above). The following summer science camps and programs are sponsored by Motorola Solutions Foundation and are good examples of educational, inspirational, and engaging science camps that offer solid and innovative STEM-based enrichment. To view a larger listing of summer science camps and programs, view our growing Summer Science Camp Directory.
- Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum (Chicago, IL)
- Breakthrough Collaborative (National)
- Brentwood Science Enrichment Camp (Brentwood, New York)
- City Parks Foundation (New York City)
- D.R.E.M.E. Science Literacy Foundation (Houston, TX)
- DuPage Children's Museum (Naperville, IL)
- Elementary Institute of Science (San Diego, CA)
- FIRST Robotics (Manchester, NH)
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana (Chicago, IL and Northwest Indiana)
- Girl Scouts of the USA (National STEM programs)
- John G Shedd Aquarium Society (Chicago, IL)
- Junior Engineering Technical Society (Alexandria, VA)
- Lincoln Park Zoo (Chicago, IL)
- Marine Science Institute (San Francisco Bay Area, CA)
- Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI)
- Marwen (Chicago, IL)
- Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
- National Audubon Society, Inc (National)
- National Inventors Hall of Fame Foundation (National)
- National Museum of Education (Akron, OH)
- New York Hall of Science (NY)
- Peggy Notebart Nature Museum (Chicago, IL)
- Purdue University Women in Engineering Program (West Lafayette, IN)
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (San Diego, CA)
- Rutgers University School of Engineering (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Sally Ride Camps (CA and MA)
- Smith College Summer Science and Engineering Program (Northamptom, MA)
- The Intrepid Museum Foundation Inc. (NY)
- The Tech Museum (San Jose, CA)
- Tufts University Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (Medford, MA)
- Univeristy of Illinois, Women in Engineering, GAMES and GLEE (Urbana, IL)
- University of Massachusetts (Lowell, MA)
- YWCA Lake County (Lake County, IL)
List Your Camp or Program in the Science Buddies Summer Science Camp Directory!
To include your summer science program in our directory, please fill out the Summer Science Camp listing form and return it to us via fax or email. (U.S. listings only. Additional details are in the listing form.)