How to Build and Use a Subsonic Wind Tunnel: Bibliography & Credits
- Barlow, Jewel B., Alan Pope, and William H. Rae, Jr. Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Testing. 3rd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999.
- Collins, Luke, James Flint, Ben Morgan, Clint Witchalls, and Chris Woodford. Cool Stuff and How It Works. 1st ed. New York: DK Publishing, Inc., 2005.
- Mehta, R. D., P. Bradshaw. "Design Rules for Small Low Speed Wind Tunnels." Aeronautical Journal (1979): 443-449.
- Smith, H. C. "Skip." The Illustrated Guide to Aerodynamics. 2nd. New York: TAB Books, 1992.
- Baals, D. (n.d.). Wind Tunnels of NASA. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/SP-440/contents.htm
- Benson, T. (2008, July 14). Beginner's Guide to Wind Tunnels. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/windtunnel.html
- Bradshaw, P and Mehta, R. (n.d.). Wind Tunnel Design. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www-htgl.stanford.edu/bradshaw/tunnel/index.html
- Bugg, R., Cyron, R., Houser, M., Oberlitner, S., and Saracen, J. (n.d.) Miniature-Portable-Subsonic Wind Tunnel for Aerodynamic and Heat Transfer Measurements Designed for Classroom Demonstration Purposes. Retrieved August 2008, from http://web.archive.org/web/20070404141346/http://www.mne.psu.edu/me415/sprin g05/ME2/>
- Cleghorn, C. (2004, February). NASA's Wind Tunnels Fact Sheet. Retrieved August 2008, from http://oea.larc.nasa.gov/PAIS/WindTunnel.html
- Clifford, R. C. (2003, June). Home-Made Wind Tunnel. Retrieved July 2008, from http://www.theplanpage.com/months/2306/tunnel.htm
- Clifford, R. C. (2003, July). Home-Made Wind Tunnel, Part 2. Retrieved July 2008, from http://www.theplanpage.com/Months/2307/wt_pt2.htm
- Erwin, B. (n.d.). The Baals Wind Tunnel. Retrieved August 2008, from http://web.archive.org/web/20020202113520/http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/Curriculum/tunnel.html
- G.U.N.T. Gerätebau GmbH. (2005). Educational Wind Tunnel. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.gunt.de/static/s3399_1.php
- Hodanbosi, C. (n.d.). Abstract: The Wandering Wind Tunnel. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/WindTunnel/wandering_windtunnel.htm
- U.C. Davis College of Engineering. (n.d.). U.C. Davis Aeronautical Wind Tunnel Facility. Retrieved August 2008, from http://windtunnel.engr.ucdavis.edu/
- Wright Brothers Aeroplane Co. (n.d.). 1901 Wind Tunnel. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.first-to-fly.com/Adventure/Workshop/1901_wind_tunnel.htm
- The Wright Experience. (2002). In Depth: The Wind Tunnel. Retrieved August 2008, from http://www.centennialofflight.gov/wbh/wr_experience/tunnel/index.htm
- Adkins, Jeff. Astronomy and Physics teacher, Director of the ESPACE Academy. Deer Valley High School, Antioch CA. Design and mechanics consultant, donator of sensory equipment.
- Dumin, Ed. Technology teacher. Deer Valley High School, Antioch CA. General consultant.
- Soraoka, Daniel. Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering student at Embry-Riddle University, Prescott AZ. Design consultant.
- Spahn, Jordan. Foreman, Industrial Electrician. Cupertino Electric, San Jose CA. Materials and construction consultant.
- Van Dam, C. P. "Case." Professor of Aerodynamics at U. C. Davis, Director of the U. C. Davis Aeronautical Wind Tunnel Facility. Davis CA. Design consultant and conceptual editor.
Many of the images used in this project were taken or created by the project author. Permission to use the following images was obtained.
|Figure B||In Depth: The Wind Tunnel|
|Figure C||Wikipedia||Public domain|
|Figure E||UC Davis Department of Engineering|
|Figure F||G.U.N.T. Hamburg|
Justin Spahn, Science Buddies Intern
Rebecca Steelman, Editor