Part-time SEO Specialist (Remote)
The SEO Specialist will play an important role in ensuring that our free online STEM resources can be easily found by millions of students, parents, and teachers. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of search engines, keyword research, copywriting, and relevant technology. SEO is a fast-paced, ever-changing landscape, and you must continuously learn and evolve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform keyword research and analysis and use this data to prepare actionable insights to improve page rankings
- Analyze new and existing content for optimization opportunities
- Develop testing strategies and continuously test, monitor, and iterate to improve rankings
- Continuously test improvements to existing pages including changes to copy, page titles, descriptions, etc... to improve search rankings
- Identify opportunities for new content and work with developers and content team to implement
- Develop metrics to track and report on progress
- Document effective strategies and share findings with content team and developers to continuously improve organizational capabilities in SEO
- Stay current on emerging SEO tactics
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or BA degree preferred
- A sincere interest in STEM and/or STEM education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong researching skills
- Metrics driven, with the ability to create reports to track and analyze SEO performance
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEMRUSH a plus
- Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of basic HTML, structured data, and other technical aspects of SEO
- Experience working with content management systems a plus
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Enjoy the process of doing research, running experiments, and seeing what works
Please email a resume with a tailored cover letter, addressing the characteristics we are looking for to email@example.com.
About Science Buddies
Science Buddies, www.sciencebuddies.org, directly reaches 19 million students, parents, and teachers with resources that reflect the latest research in how to effectively teach science. We offer unique tools and content not available from any other source. Highly personalized, we empower students to create individualized learning paths with easy-to-use tools that provide science and engineering projects, frameworks, and guidance. Our real-world, hands-on explorations are not only the best way to teach science, they make the subject relevant to students, positively impacting academic achievement and nurturing student interest in science. We expose students to career opportunities and role models that can translate to economic power both for the individual and for communities. We make science literacy possible for everyone.
We are a nimble and diverse team on a mission to help students from all walks of life to build their literacy in STEM so they can become productive and engaged citizens in the 21st century.