Bug and Insect STEM Roundup
Hands-on STEM projects for K-12 students that want to get hands-on with insects, worms, and other species in the backyard. Take advantage of warmer weather and time outside for bug, worm, or flying insect science this summer with your kids.
Bug, Insect, and Nature-focused Projects for Students
- Are There Bugs Under Your Feet?
- Ask a Cricket, 'What is The Temperature?'
- Bug Vacuums: Sucking up Biodiversity
- Build a Better Moth Trap: Will Different-colored Lights Affect How Many Moths You Catch?
- Do Milkweed Bugs Show a Color Preference for Egg-Laying Sites?
- Does Temperature Affect the Rate of Butterfly Development?
- Drawing Circles Around Ants
- Feeding Earthworms: Do Different Diets Affect Them and the Soil They Enrich?
- Go and Stop? Ant Traffic Signals
- How Much Worm Is a Worm?
- Making Species Maps
- What Is Home Sweet Home to a Bug?
- What is the Most Effective Treatment for Whitefly Infestations on Plants?
- Where Do Earthworms Hang Out When Food Is Around?
A Career in STEMTo learn more about careers related to bugs, insects, species habitats and the environment, see the following science career profiles:
Further ReadingFor additional reading, see the following posts on the Science Buddies Blog:
- A Honeybee Mystery: Science Reading
- Calling Naturalists of All Ages: Citizen Science Projects for the Whole Family
- Caterpillar Spotting Leads to Citizen Science
- Citizen Science for Earth Day
- Earth Day: Turn Over a New Log
- Glow-in-the-dark Nighttime Summer Science
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Simple Science Activities with Cardboard Tubes
- 10 Fun Wintry Science Activities
- Make some noise with three new science activities!
- Nine creative science projects to make and give!
- Food Science Projects
- 11 Launch and Catapult Science Projects
- 10 Boat and Submarine Science Projects
- Get Ready for Summer Science
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
5 Science Experiments You Can Do With Peeps
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity