Build a BlueBot Over Break
The coming winter break from school is a great time for kids to do independent science and engineering projects. Robotics projects can be especially good choices for students because they involve a fun building project and then invite play, exploration, and customization. The BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit lets students try four different robots, for four times the building fun!
The BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit can be used to build four different robots, each of which uses different sensors and a different circuit on top of the core BlueBot chassis. While toothbrush-head robots like the classic Bristlebot or even advanced dual toothbrush-head Bristlebots (like the solar-powered one) make excellent introductory robotics projects for kids, the BlueBot Kit kicks student robotics building into high gear. BlueBot is a large robot. Compared to the Bristlebots, BlueBot is really big. BlueBot offers a chassis you can really get your hands on, a durable blue body, and good sized wheels. There is very little chance this robot will get lost under the couch, and with its size comes added power and speed.
The guided builds at Science Buddies use an excellent and kid-friendly combination of videos, slideshows, and photos to walk students through assembly of the chassis and construction of the circuit. Trying out another BlueBot project after building and exploring one is as easy as removing the circuitry from the breadboard and starting fresh with a new electronics build on top of the core chassis.
Thorough step-by-step directions mean that students do not need previous experience with robotics projects to assemble a BlueBot. For fun at home, any of the robots can be put together and played with in a few hours either as a solo project or as a fun family activity. Students looking to do a more involved exploration for a school project or science fair will find additional testing and design questions to explore.
Pick a BlueBot project, add in some foam tape, a screwdriver, and a few household or craft materials, and you have the makings of an awesome winter break project, one your student will probably want to carry into school in the New Year to show off!
The BlueBot Projects
The BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit contains the specialty materials needed for the following BlueBot designs:
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot
- Build a Speedy Light-Tracking Robot
- Build a Zippy Line-following Robot
- Build an Obstacle-Avoiding Robot
Which will you choose first?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Inspiring Scientists and Engineers to Know - Asian American Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- Women's History Month: 50+ Women in Science and Engineering to Learn More About
- Learn More About these 28 Scientists for Black History Month
- STEM is for Everyone: Jane Goodall, Zoologist
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- STEM is for Everyone: Annie Jump Cannon, Classifier of Stars
- 2020 Nobel Science Experiments for K-12 Students
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Lemon Volcano - Fun Science Experiment
How to Make a Bristlebot
Make a Homemade Fly Trap