Try one of these 14+ robotics projects for National Robotics Week!
Students can have a lot of fun building, testing, and personalizing robotics projects and can learn about electronics, engineering design, and circuit building at the same time. Our robotics engineering collection has great hands-on robotics projects to explore during National Robotics Week or any time!
Fourteen Plus Robotics Projects for K-12 Students. Hands-on STEM with Science Buddies. www.sciencebuddies.org
Update! For an updated collection of resources for teaching and exploring robotics with K-12 students, see Teach About Robotics with Free STEM Lessons & Activities.
Robotics Science Collection
- Art Bot: Build a Wobbly Robot That Creates Art
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot (BlueBot Project #1)
- Build a Speedy Light-Tracking Robot (BlueBot Project #2)
- Build a Zippy Line-following Robot (BlueBot Project #3)
- Build an Obstacle-Avoiding Robot (BlueBot Project #4)
- Build a Light-Tracking Bristlebot
- Build a Solar-Powered Bristlebot
- Climb Every Mountain with Your Own LEGO® Cable Car
- Design and 3D-Print Your Own Robot!
- Drawing Dalibot: Designing an Art Robot That Switches Colors
- Eco-Friendly Squishy Robots
- Flippy, the Dancing Robot
- Grasping with Straws: Make a Robot Hand Using Drinking Straws
- Racing Bristlebots: On Your Mark. Get Set. Go!
- Robot Picasso: Building a Robot That Creates Art
- Robots to the Rescue! Build & Test a Search-and-Rescue Robot
- Squishy Robots: Build an Air-Powered Soft Robotic Gripper
- Take a Hike: Train Your Robot Dog to Walk with a Virtual Leash
- Use the Force! Push & Pull Robots With an Invisible Force
- Roaming Robots: Build Your Own Underwater Robot
- Should My Robot be More or Less Squishy?
- Squishy Robot Simulator
- Stair Master: Build an All-Terrain Robot
- The Frightened Grasshopper: A Solar-Powered Robot Bug
- X Marks the Spot: Build a Robot to Protect Your Treasures
Additional Resources for K-12 Robotics Exploration
- 30-Minute Robotics Projects (a Science Buddies book)
- BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit
- Explore the World of Robotics with This Suite of Projects
- Flippy the Robot Dances (and Falls Apart)
- Build a BlueBot Over Break
- Build a BlueBot Guard Robot
- How to Do Robotics at Home with Your Kids
- Building a Halloween Brushbot: Family Robotics
- Building a Solar-powered Bristlebot
- Exploring Circuits with ArtBots: A Classroom Success Story
- Student Robotics: A Fourth-grade Student Explores Virtual Robots with VoxCAD
- Bristlebots at the Museum
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Teach About Sound with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
- Teach About Genetics and Heredity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Earth Day Science Activities
- Explore Drone Science with a Popsicle Stick Drone
- Teach About Robotics with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Teach About Biodiversity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Mario Day Activities — Bring Mario World to Life with Hands-on STEM!
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
5 Science Experiments You Can Do With Peeps
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity