Environmental Education STEM Project Roundup!
Science Buddies has great ideas for hands-on science projects and activities students can do to learn more about environmental science and sustainability.
There are many projects at Science Buddies that help guide students in independent exploration of environmental science topics and issues. The list below highlights 22 projects related to recycling, stewardship, conservation, sustainability, and environmental awareness from our library of more than 1,100 science projects for K-12 students. All of these projects can be excellent choices for exploration during National Environmental Education Week.
The following list of 22 hands-on projects represents a collection of exciting K-12 student science, technology, engineering, and math projects with an environmental science focus:
- Can Plants Stop Soil Erosion?
- Can Nanotechnology Help Clean Up Ocean Oil Spills? Try It Yourself with Ferrofluid
- Disappearing Act: How Fast Do Different Biodegradable & Compostable Materials Decompose?
- Do Migratory Birds Like It Hot?
- Do Your Storm Drains Keep the Ocean Trash Free?
- Dust Busters: How No-Plow Farmers Try to Save Our Soil
- Froggy Forecasting: How Frog Health Predicts Pond Health
- Go Green by Growing Green: How to Extract Energy from Grass
- Going Green as You Clean: Are 'Green' Detergents Less Toxic Than Conventional Detergents?
- Goo-Be-Gone: Cleaning Up Oil Spills
- Green Technology: Build an Electronic Soil Moisture Sensor to Conserve Water
- Growing Great Gardens: Using Human Urine as a Fertilizer
- Growing, Growing, Gone! An Experiment on Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Heavy Metals and Aquatic Environments
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow: Saving Migratory Animals
- Is it Getting Hot in Here? Investigate the Greenhouse Effect
- It's Raining, It's Pouring: Chemical Analysis of Rainwater
- Recycling Greywater: Can Plants Tolerate It?
- Riprap: It's Not Hip Hop But Erosion Stop
- Rooftop Gardens: Are They a Cool Idea?
- Too Much of a Good Thing? Study the Effect of Fertilizers on Algal Growth
- Something's Fishy About That Fertilizer
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Teach About Sound with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
- Teach About Genetics and Heredity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Earth Day Science Activities
- Explore Drone Science with a Popsicle Stick Drone
- Teach About Robotics with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Teach About Biodiversity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Mario Day Activities — Bring Mario World to Life with Hands-on STEM!
Explore Our Science Videos
Vibration & Sound: Make Sprinkles Dance
Gel Electrophoresis and Forensic Science: Biotechnology Science Fair Project
Two-Stage Balloon Rocket Introduction