Light Up Your Creativity with Electric Play Dough
Kids can add a kick of STEM to the equation when they integrate LEDs and circuits to their play dough creations!
Light Up the Holidays with Electric Play Dough. Make creative light-up projects and learn about circuits and electricity at the same time! Hands-on STEM with Science Buddies. www.sciencebuddies.org
Hands-on Creative Science
Rolling a ball or making a snake from dough can be fun for all ages. With simple electronics concepts and two different kinds of dough (insulating and conductive), students can add LEDs to their dough creations using the Electric Play Dough Kit from the Science Buddies Store.
The Electric Play Dough Kit can be used with the following series of hands-on science projects and activities that introduce students to circuits:
- Electric Play Dough Project 1: Make Your Play Dough Light Up & Buzz!: Create a simple circuit that lights an LED (light-emitting diode), buzzer, or motor.
- Electric Play Dough Project 2: Rig Your Creations With Lots of Lights!: Create simple series and parallel circuits that light multiple LEDs.
- Electric Play Dough Project 3: Light Up Your Sculptures!: Create a three-dimensional sculpture that lights up.
- The Electric Play Dough lesson plan is also available for classroom use.
Do Science at Home!
The Electric Play Dough kit and projects are great for creative, hands-on science exploration at home. Kids can use the series of projects (listed above) or follow the directions in this fun, family-friendly science activity: Squishy Circuits: Light Up Your Play Doh® Creations!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Throwing Away the Plan: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #8)
- Wacky Tricks: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #7)
- Adding Art: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #6)
- Building Toys: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #5)
- 8 Free Science Activities with Toilet Paper Tubes
- Observing Nature: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #4)
- Playing with Fire: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #3)
- Find Fun STEM Activities to Fit Science Needs
Explore Our Science Videos
Make Your Own Lava Lamp
Walking Water Experiment
Paper Rockets - STEM Activity