Pumpkin Power Project
Many students doing a Veggie Power experiment use potatoes or lemons, but students can experiment with pumpkins, squash, and more!
Pumpkin Patch Science
With Halloween just around the corner, pumpkin-based science can be a fun way to get hands-on during science class or at home. With the Veggie Power Battery kit, students can explore electricity using fruits and vegetables. Which foods work best in a Veggie Power circuit and why? How will a pumpkin compare to a potato or a lemon? Put it to the test with this science experiment!
To conduct your own Pumpkin Power experiment, use the How to Turn a Potato Into a Battery directions at Science Buddies.
Explore Energy and Electronics Science
To learn more about alternative energy and introductory circuits and electronics, see the following projects and activities at Science Buddies:
- How to Turn a Potato Into a Battery
- Generate Electricity with a Lemon Battery
- Electric Play Dough Project 1: Make Your Play Dough Light Up & Buzz!
- Make a Battery with Metal, Air, and Saltwater!
- Which Materials are the Best Conductors?
- A Battery That Makes Cents
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
- 12 Paper STEM Activities!
- 18 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 22 Science Experiments for Spring
- 6 STEM Activities for St. Patrick's Day