Pumpkin Power Project
Many students doing a Veggie Power experiment use potatoes or lemons, but students can experiment with pumpkins, squash, and more!
Pumpkin Patch Science
With Halloween just around the corner, pumpkin-based science can be a fun way to get hands-on during science class or at home. With the Veggie Power Battery kit, students can explore electricity using fruits and vegetables. Which foods work best in a Veggie Power circuit and why? How will a pumpkin compare to a potato or a lemon? Put it to the test with this science experiment!
To conduct your own Pumpkin Power experiment, use the How to Turn a Potato Into a Battery directions at Science Buddies.
Explore Energy and Electronics Science
To learn more about alternative energy and introductory circuits and electronics, see the following projects and activities at Science Buddies:
- How to Turn a Potato Into a Battery
- Generate Electricity with a Lemon Battery
- Electric Play Dough Project 1: Make Your Play Dough Light Up & Buzz!
- Make a Battery with Metal, Air, and Saltwater!
- Which Materials are the Best Conductors?
- A Battery That Makes Cents
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 12 STEM Experiments for Lunar New Year
- Make Some New Year's Noise with Science Activities!
- Winter Science Lessons and Activities
- Holiday STEM Projects
- 22 Projects to Jump-start Your Makerspace
- 20 Halloween Science Experiments!
- 19 Fall Science Activities for Autumn Fun
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)