Soil Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of environmental science and geology projects that let families and students investigate a biogeochemical cycle, a kind of reuse and recycling process that helps support an ecosystem. In either the independent science project or the family science version, students create and cultivate a miniature biosphere, called a Winogradsky column, to explore the relationship between available nutrients and the microorganisms that grow in a sample of soil.
- Soil Science: Study Microorganisms in Winogradsky Columns (activity)
- Growing a Soil Menagerie (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- 10 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
- 18 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Carnival STEM (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Wacky Water Science (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)