Species Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of science projects for buggy, backyard exploration. What does it mean for an area to be have a lot of biodiversity? Why is this important to the health of an ecosystem? How do scientists measure biodiversity? You can explore by doing a study of the biodiversity of insects in your own backyard using a homemade bug collector. This week's hands-on science project and activity guide either an independent project or a family investigation. How many types of insects will you suck into your bug collector?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- 10 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
- 18 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Carnival STEM (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Wacky Water Science (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
Explore Our Science Videos
Build A Vortex Cannon!
Mold Hard Boiled Eggs
How Far Can a Sneeze Go?