4 Science Projects for Super Bowl Science
Score extra points with student sports fans with four football-focused science projects.
Super Bowl Sunday is coming up! The science behind perfect spirals and successful field goals is something students can talk about and explore in advance of the big game.
Use the following four project ideas to connect student interest in football to science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Field Goal! The Science Behind a Perfect Football Kick
- How Far Can You Throw (or Kick) a Ball?
- Measuring Concussion Risk in Football and Other Contact Sports
- Football Field Goals: Going the Distance
Go ahead and score a few extra STEM points for this year's big game!
Sports fans can explore science related to other favorite sports in Sports Science projects from Science Buddies.
- 4 Football Science Projects for Super Bowl-Sized Learning
- The Science of Football Flight
- Football Science: Score Big this Super Bowl Sunday with Sports Science
- Super Bowl Sunday and Science on the Field
- Football Science: Distance and Field Goal Kicking—Increasing the Odds of Scoring
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Science Buddies Annual Report: Supporting STEM Education
- Science Buddies Teams up with PPG Volunteers to Improve Crime Scene Chemistry Project
- Inspiring Students about STEM Careers and Robotics
- An App for Science Class
- Search at Science Buddies to Find the STEM Resources You Need
- Science Buddies Teacher Dashboard
- New NGSS Lesson Plans
- Philadelphia Classrooms Benefit from Science Buddies Kit Club Program
Explore Our Science Videos
Make Fake Snow - Craft Your Science Project
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
How to Make a Bristlebot